A few considerations…
First, it’s an honor and a privilege for me to host Christian writers and bloggers. Please know that I am a bit protective of my readers and very protective of those who subscribe to my blog. And I am absolutely protective of how we communicate about God and His word.
Because of that, there are some guest blogging guidelines I need to share. Please respect my audience and read this page to the end before submitting a post or an idea.
What Should You Write About?
My readers are primarily Christians who want to grow in their knowledge about the Bible, God, or who desire to strengthen their faith.
Anything that my readers would benefit from, enjoy, or find useful is perfect for guest blogging on my site.
- You can share stories, testimonies, or write about family, relationship, culture, or your struggles and how you deal with them from a Biblical perspective, or almost anything dealing with faith.
- You can write about the Bible. Keep in mind that all teaching must be grounded in God’s Word. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- I try to keep posts between 600-1200 words. However, content that is engaging, of high quality, and that’s informative is a greater gauge than word count.
What you should not submit
- Please do not submit book excerpts, advertisements, posts about time sensitive events (like conferences – unless it’s a review), or any content that has already appeared online elsewhere.
- Please do not include advertisements or links to any paid product or service within your guest post, and do not submit requests for sponsored posts.
- In most cases, material that is not aligned with Scripture or that is overtly driven by denominational doctrine won’t be considered.
- Your post should be original and not previously published in other places on the Internet.
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., on your own blog or as a guest post on other blogs) for at least 2 weeks after it’s published here.
- If I publish your article, you can re-purpose the material elsewhere after 2 weeks.
- Disclaimer: By publishing at genewhitehead.com, you grant me the exclusive right for your content for 2 weeks following your publication date, not submission date. After the 2 weeks, I retain a non-exclusive right to host your content in perpetuity, and you, the author, retain the copyright and the freedom to re-publish your content elsewhere, with the agreement that it be hyperlinked and noted that the article first appeared at genewhitehead.com.
- Up to 2 links of your choice plus up to 3 social media links and a photo should be included in your bio, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post.
- You may include photos within your posts, but they may be edited for size or changed to compliment the theme of this site.
I do expect that you reply to any comments a reader may leave on your post, that you share the link across your social media networks, and that you send it to your email list. My commitment to you, the guest writer, is that I will also actively engage readers who comment, and I will promote you and your post to my readers as well.
I really want to keep this as simple possible.
- If you’re able to, please either use a Word document or format your post in HTML and send it as an attachment.
- Use H2 tags for sub-headings.
- Make sure to include your author bio and links at the bottom.
- All posts are subject to editing for length, grammar, and content.
If you have a post that meets these guidelines, or if you’d like to discuss any post ideas before submitting, you can reach me using my contact form. If submitting a post, please include your post in the body of the email or as an attachment.